8.7. Pumping of hydraulic system of coupling
Hydraulic liquid is poisonous. It also well dissolves paint. Be careful, do not allow hit of liquid on open parts of the body or in eyes. You hold near at hand rags for collecting spilled liquid, and in case of hit it on the painted surfaces immediately wash away liquid plentiful amount of cold water.
Hit of air in hydraulic system can lead to the fact that coupling will work not completely when squeezing a pedal. Air can get to system during removal of any of its components and also if liquid level falls in the tank of the main cylinder below admissible. Besides, sometimes air gets to system through openings, too small for liquid leak. In this case capital repairs are necessary for system.
For pumping of system you will need the assistant to press a coupling pedal, the transparent plastic container and a piece of a flexible transparent tube suitable on diameter the pumping gate. It is also possible to use set for pumping without assistant. It usually consists of a tube or a bottle with the built-in unilateral valve - in this case at a pedal otpuskaniye air will back not come to system. If you use such set, follow the instructions attached to it. In both cases you will need a quantity of fresh brake fluid of the recommended type and a special key for the pumping gate.
- Check liquid level in the tank. If necessary make having added to bring level to the mark "full" or "MAX". Use only liquid of the recommended type and do not mix different types of liquids. Never use liquid of their container which long time stood open since it absorbed moisture from air that made it unsuitable to use. In the course of pumping you should check often liquid level in the tank. If it falls too low, air will get to system.
- Cock the parking brake. A front of the car and reliably establish to Poddomkratta it on axial support.
- Remove a cap from the pumping gate on the executive cylinder (see
- Put on the end of a plastic tube the pumping gate union. Fill a container approximately on one third with pure liquid, then ship in it other end of a tube.
- Slightly release the pumping gate, then tighten it so that it was easy to be released.
- Ask the assistant to squeeze out a coupling pedal several times and to hold it in completely squeezed out situation.
- At the squeezed-out pedal open the pumping gate approximately half way. When liquid stops following through a tube in a container, tighten the gate. Once again squeeze out a pedal, and holding it squeezed out, instantly release the gate. Do not release a pedal at the open gate of pumping.
- Repeat this procedure until vials of air do not cease to pass through a tube. Do not forget to check constantly liquid level in the tank.
- Tighten completely the pumping gate, pick up the phone and establish a gate cap.
- Double-check liquid level the tank to make sure that it reaches the top point, then make a trial trip on the car to check coupling work.